It is naturally present in many products, generally, this bitter substance is associated with coffee, but it is a compound that is part of drinks such as mate, chocolate, some teas and certain energy drinks. Once consumed, it is quickly absorbed into the body and provides quite peculiar effects.
Athletes of high competition have used, throughout their training life, “ergogenic aids”, defined as those that improve the production, use and recovery of energy. One of those aids is caffeine.
THE ADVANTAGES OF CAFFEINE IN SPORTS
• Caffeine quickly excites the central nervous system and keeps the athlete on high alert for immediate responses, starting and speed.
• Provides the body with greater resistance when it comes to prolonged sports and strength events.
• A moderate dose of caffeine increases the concentration of endorphin and its analgesic power reduces the sensation of pain and fatigue.
• Consuming caffeine moderately, considerably improves the isometric of the muscles when you want to tone or define them without shortening or lengthening them.
• Reduces dependence on muscle glycogen (energy) use for greater endurance.
• Caffeine is a vasodilator that increases blood flow, transporting oxygen and nutrients to the muscles.
• Its effects are not considered doping.
THE DISADVANTAGES OF CAFFEINE IN SPORTS
• High doses of caffeinated foods can lead to negative physical and mental consequences, such as irritability, tremors, anxiety or panic attacks.
• Drinking caffeine on an empty stomach can be counterproductive for the gastrointestinal system of athletes.
• The athlete is exposed to symptoms of caffeine dependence and tends to increase the doses without obtaining better results in training.
• Caffeine has a diuretic effect that must be offset by hydration.
In short, caffeine intake can have numerous advantages for sports practice as it, in adequate proportions, helps with endurance and reduces the feeling of fatigue.
In the sports line of Glorioso Super Nutrients products, the Preworkout preparation contains caffeine of 100% natural origin from an organic guarana extract to prepare the body for sports practice.