WHY DO FUNGI HELP OUR IMMUNE SYSTEM?
Certain mushrooms like Reishi (Ganoderma Lucidum) have been used in traditional medicine for hundreds of years.
Several studies have shown that mushrooms such as Reishi, Agaricus Blazei, Lion’s Mane, Chaga, … have very beneficial properties for our body.
Its main properties are:
- Each fungus has its specific properties but we can generalize a series of qualities.
- They help regulate blood sugar, benefiting cardiovascular health.
- They have an antioxidant effect. There is evidence that we generate high levels of free radicals that act negatively on the structures of our cells. This leads to aging. Mushrooms have antioxidant properties that help neutralize these effects. Reishi for example, is also known as the mushroom of longevity.
- They help activate our immune system due to its content in polysaccharides (Betaglucans).
- Polysaccharides act as prebiotics to improve intestinal flora and thus promote digestive health.
WHAT ARE BETAGLUCANS?
Betaglucans are glucose polysaccharides that are found in the cell wall of some cereals, yeasts, algae and in medicinal mushrooms such as Reishi, Maitake, Agaricus Blazei, El Shiitake …
WHERE ARE THE BETAGLUCANES FOUND?
As we said, beta-glucans are found in the plant kingdom.
THE BETAGLUCANS AND THE IMMUNE SYSTEM
Betaglucans have been shown to possess the ability to “activate” the immune system as they are known as “biological response modifiers”. Certain studies have concluded that beta-glucans may be the most powerful natural stimulators of the immune system.
WHY DO WE USE MUSHROOM EXTRACTS IN OUR IMMUNE GLORY?
The extracts contain a standardized proportion of polysaccharides with a higher percentage of beta-glucans that are the cause of the activation of our immune system.
Using extracts ensures a greater benefit for the properties that we intend to give to our mixture.
Mixing various mushrooms creates synergies and enhances their properties, which is why our Immune Glory combines Reishi and Agaricus Blazei extracts. In addition, vitamin C boosts mushroom benefits, that’s why we include in our blend natural vitamin C from acerola, baobab and rosehip.