Acerola is the little cherry of a bush named acerolo (Malpighia glabra), which is native to Central and South America. In Brazil it is used as a natural remedy for fever, dysentery, as well as for its anti-inflammatory, liver and kidney stimulant properties.
Acerola is well-known for its high concentration in vitamin C and as a powerful antioxidant. It is packed with many minerals, especially calcium, phosphorus and magnesium.
WHAT ARE THE HEALTH BENEFITS OF THE ACEROLA?
- Our Acerola is freeze-dried to keep all its nutrients and benefits.
- A normal functioning of the immune system during and after intense workouts.
- Cell protection against oxidative stress.
- Relief of breathing difficulties caused by allergic reactions because of its antihistamine properties.
- Normal collagen formation for good functioning of teeth, bones, cartilage, skin and gums.
- A better absorption of iron.
Source of vitamine A, which contributes to a good iron metabolism, to maintain mucous membranes, skin and eyes healthy. It also supports the immune system.
HOW TO TAKE OUR ORGANIC ACEROLA?
We recommend adding one teaspoon of Acerola to your milkshakes, juices or in a glass of water.
We recommend increasing your intake gradually. If you’re unsure about changing your food habits, please ask you doctor’s advice. Consult a doctor when you are pregnant, breastfeeding or taking medication.
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Brazil
nutriTional VALUES pEr 100 g
- Energy: 1.443Kj · 345Kcal
- Carbohydrates: 87g (Thereof sugars: 31g)
- Fat: 0g
- Fiber: 8,2g
- Protein: 7,6g
- Salt: 0g
- Vitamins and minerals: Vitamin A: 6.265 µg (783% NRV*), Vitamin C: 10000 mg (12.500% NRV*)
*NRV: Nutrient Reference Value