Baobab powder comes from the pulp of the fruit of the majestic Baobab tree (Adansonia digitata), which grows in tropical Africa and is known as the Tree of Life’ by the local population. Its fruit has been used since ancestral times in the semi-arid region where it grows.
Apart from being delicious, it’s loaded with vitamin C and has mineralizing properties thanks to its high level of potassium, calcium and zinc. The Baobab fruit is also rich in insoluble fiber which aids in digestion.
- Source of vitamin C which helps protect cells from oxidative damage, strengthens the immune system, helps normal collagen formation for the normal function of blood vessels, bones, cartilage, skin and teeth. It also increases iron absorption.
- Contributes to intestinal transit acceleration thanks to its insoluble fiber.
- High in zinc, which protects cells from oxidative damage and helps maintain healthy skin, hair and nails.
- Source of potassium, which aids in good functioning of the nervous system.
- Source of calcium for a good functioning of digestive enzymes and maintenance of healthy bones and teeth.
We recommend adding two teaspoons to your daily juice or breakfast cereals.
We recommend increasing your intake gradually. If you’re unsure about changing your food habits, please ask you doctor’s advice. Consult a doctor when you are pregnant, breastfeeding or taking medication.
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Senegal
- Energy: 899Kj /215Kcal
- Carbohydrates: 84g (Thereof sugars: 29g)
- Fat: <1g
- Fiber: 27g
- Protein: 2,4g
- Salt: 0g
- Vitamins and minerals: Vitamin C: 225mg (281% NRV*), Calcium: 300mg (38% NRV*), Potassium: 2.250mg (112% NRV*), Zinc: 7,5mg (75% NRV*)
*NRV: Nutrient Reference Value