Lucuma, also known as the ‘Gold of the Incas’, is the subtropical fruit of the Pouteria tree which is native of the Andean valley in Peru. This superfruit is consumed by the local population since 200 BC and is considered a symbol of fertility and longevity. Because of its sweet taste it is a common ingredient in dessert and ice cream recipes, as a glorious and very nutritious substitute for sugar.
- Iron: reduces fatigue and strengthens the immune system.
- Potassium: supports bone health, the nervous system and maintains normal blood pressure levels.
- Zinc: enhances the immune system, has antioxidant properties and protects nails, hair, skin and bones.
High in fiber, hence a good digestion support.
Healthy and tasty sugar substitute.
HOW TO TAKE OUR ORGANIC LUCUMA?
Perfect to add to your yoghurt, milkshakes or breakfast cereals. You can also add it to your ice cream or cake recipes. We recommend two tablespoons a day.
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Peru
- Energy: 1.310Kj /312Kcal
- Carbohydrates: 59g (Thereof sugars: 31g)
- Fat: 0,9g (Thereof saturated: 0,3g)
- Fiber: 26g
- Protein: 4,2g
- Salt: <0,1g
- Minerals: Iron: 4,0mg (28% NRV*), Potassium: 760mg (38% NRV*), Zinc: 2,8mg (28% NRV*)
*NRV: Nutrient Reference Value